Directions to Redd's Pond
For GPS and Internet Map Services
- Use the address: 1 Pond St. Marblehead, MA 01945
From North and West
- Take Route 114 South from I 95 or Rte 128, through Salem into Marblehead. Route 114 becomes Lafayette in Marblehead.
- You are entering Marblehead when you cross the small bridge with the harbor to the left.
- Turn left at West Shore Drive (the second traffic light after entering Marblehead).
- Continue about 3.0 miles until Redd's Pond appears on your left.
This road will change names to Beacon and then to Norman at some point
and it will wind through a wooded section, but keep going until you
see the pond on the left.
- From Boston take route 1A through Revere crossing the bridge into
- Bear right at a traffic light about 1.4 miles after crossing the
bridge into Lynn. Watch for signs for Nahant and Swampscott. Do not
go left into Lynn on 1A.
- Continue to rotary. Use signs that direct you to Swampscott and
Marblehead. Don't take the first right to Nahant at the rotary. Ocean
will be on the right after the rotary.
- From the rotary, which is in Lynn, the road becomes Humphrey St.
in Swampscott and then changes to Atlantic Ave. as it takes you into
Marblehead. At forks take the straightest path.
- Continue from the rotary for about 4.3 miles to bend left (Marblehead
Savings Bank on the left). Continue through the first stop sign after
passing the bank; do not turn right at the stop sign. (The road changes
name to Essex St. at the stop sign.)
- Bear left after passing the "Information" booth onto Spring St.
at the next stop sign.
- Continue on Spring St. about 0.3 miles, which bends right and changes
its name to Elm St.
- At Green St., jog left and then right onto Pond St. and drive to
the pond about 0.3 mile.